Sunday, September 1, 2013

Ready to move my a(s)sana

It was 6 days ago that I had minor knee surgery (right medial meniscectomy and medial cyst removal). The rest and recuperation time was certainly necessary but I'm so ready to not think about being in pain or what movements might hurt me or injure me anymore. My body and spirit are left unsatisfied by the lack of movement. I did get on my mat a few times for some headstanding (super controlled inverting has to be good for inflammation), core work (because one always should), and altered flow action. But today I hopped on my mat and practiced with near abandon, not to be confused with reckless abandon. I vinyasa'd, I lunged, I warrior'd and man it felt great! It felt great to my body but it was also energizing and encouraging to realize that I don't have to fear my healing knee! Injuries and tweaks happen all the time- I know this all too well lately- but this practice of yoga is one of ultimate healing and should be utilized as such. So long as we stay tuned into our experience and stay clear about our intentions of healing and well being, it's all gonna be good, great in fact!

As if I need extra motivation to get moving forward from here I've committed to 2 yoga challenges on Instagram. One of which is running for the month of September, the other just 10 days. Here are my posts:
 Instagram: @suetomato #moveyoasana (above)
Instagram: @suetomato #aimtruechallenge (below)

No comments:

Post a Comment